At the Department of Tourism and Economics of the enterprise there is a wide range of directions of organization of research work: implementation of the state budget subjects, participation in international, all-Ukrainian, regional and university scientific-practical, scientific-methodical conferences, "round tables", seminars and symposia; preparation and publication of monographs, textbooks, scientific and methodological recommendations, publication of articles and abstracts; establishment of scientific relations with higher educational establishments of Ukraine and foreign higher educational establishments; research work of students.
The main directions of scientific work at the department:
- ensuring the competitiveness of an industrial enterprise;
- formation and utilization of potential of modern enterprises;
- formation of social responsibility of business entities and its components;
- management of the system of economic security of domestic enterprises;
- formation of competition policy of the state, region, enterprise;
- formation of the motivational mechanism of modern enterprises;
- small business development strategy in Ukraine;
- integration of Ukraine into the world market of tourist services;
- innovative development of tourism enterprises.
Professor Shapoval V.M. - Member of the specialized academic council D 08.080.01 at the State Higher Educational Institution "National Mining University".
Professor Ponomarenko P.I. is the chairman of the commission on teaching of innovative disciplines in higher educational establishments at the Pridneprovsky scientific center.
The department conducts active research work, which is reflected in the research topics:
- «Impact of corporate synergy and integrated use of raw materials on the economy of the associated mining and processing enterprise» (state registration number 0116U006737, 2016-2019, Dnipro, Ukraine);
- "Ensuring the competitiveness of an industrial enterprise by improving human capital" (State Registration Number 0116U005631, 2016-2020, Dnipro, Ukraine);
- «Integration of Ukraine into the world market of tourist services» (state registration number 0116U005632, 2016-2021. Dnipro, Ukraine);
- "Innovative development of tourism enterprises in cyberspace" (state registration number 0119U006815, 2019-2021. Dnipro, Ukraine).
During 2015-2020 the department organized and co-organized the following scientific and practical conferences:
- International multidisciplinary scientific and practical conference "Determinants of sustainable development of the organization in the conditions of globalization" (November 25, 2015) (68 participants);
- International multidisciplinary scientific-practical conference "Economy in the conditions of globalization: problems, tendencies, prospects" (March 23, 2015) (78 participants);
- International multidisciplinary scientific-practical conference "Economics in the conditions of globalization: problems, tendencies, prospects" (December 10, 2018) (75 participants);
- International multidisciplinary scientific and practical conference "Determinants of sustainable development of society in the context of globalization" (December 12, 2019) (63 participants).
Based on the results of all the conferences, collections of materials were published.